You are now on my old blog. Please update your bookmarks to my new blog
http://laurentschneider.com




14 November 2005

Details regarding the 10g DBA OCM requirements will be available in December

Well, when 10g certification came out, it said : "will be available in late 2004". In March 2005, I contacted Oracle University in Germany. They said : keep watching oracle.com/education. Later, it said : "will be available in mid 2005".
In Open World, I met the certification principal, who meant it will start in December and upgrade from 9i ocm will start in January and will be available in all oracle universities which give RAC course. Fine.
When I came back I saw: "will be available in October". Today I saw: "will be available in December".

Such a move like OCM is very intense, I want to plan at least 2-3 weeks full time to prepare for OCM. I need to go to my boss and say : "this year I will go for 10g ocm". But what a pity if the certification is always delayed... planned for 2004, no info why it did not take place in 2005, I also fair that there is no guarantee for 2006 in switzerland, as they will surely start in the United States - but do not ask why...

Keep cool, be patient ;-)

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am hoping Oracle XE will be available in time for Christmas! Looks like they have their own issues to sort out in the meantime... :)

(Just curious, I thought you were French-speaking, and you are looking for a German Exam? I am equally confused about your ethnicity of your first name and last name!)

15/11/05 07:10  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

well, I live in the german part of switzerland, but my mother tongue is french.

15/11/05 08:56  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

also note that 9i OCM is only available in Reading (UK) and Düsseldorf (Germany). So I went to Germany

15/11/05 09:33  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

But your surname is German? Would that mean your father is German? Hence, you could be fluent in French, German and of course English? ;)

15/11/05 11:55  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

well, a few regions in switzerland are bilingual. My ancestors came from the region of Biel. Over the decades, the regions have changed. Nowaday, there are no more french school there, but still a lot of people speaking french (most of them).

I speak neither english nor german accuratly. But good enough to answer you I hope ;-)

15/11/05 13:59  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah, your English language is fine. And the Native English-speaking girls love it when it comes with a French Accent! ;)

We still fine your blog informative when it comes to PL/SQL, Chess and Swiss Geography Class!

15/11/05 14:44  

Post a Comment

<< Home