You are now on my old blog. Please update your bookmarks to my new blog
http://laurentschneider.com




27 December 2005

idle events in 10gR2

I just noticed this morning that idle events are very easily identifiable by a new column called wait_class in 10gR2

To ignore idle event, I just wrote

select WAIT_CLASS, event, TOTAL_WAITS, TOTAL_TIMEOUTS from
(select * from V$SYSTEM_EVENT where WAIT_CLASS#!=6 order by TIME_WAITED_MICRO desc)
where rownum<6;
WAIT_CLASS EVENT TOTAL_WAITS TOTAL_TIMEOUTS
------------- ---------------------------------------- ----------- --------------
System I/O log file parallel write 79713 0
Configuration log file switch (checkpoint incomplete) 210 100
Configuration log file switch completion 165 52
System I/O db file parallel write 645 0
System I/O control file parallel write 2276 0

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

There may be however some circumstances where idle events should not be excluded. Recently have seen some interesting things about "SQL*Net message from client" by Doug Burns
http://oracledoug.blogspot.com/2005/12/another-10046-success.html
( here is linked presentation from Gary Goodman also )

Maxim

28/12/05 14:51  

Post a Comment

<< Home