You are now on my old blog. Please update your bookmarks to my new blog
http://laurentschneider.com




01 June 2006

exp/imp

EXP / IMP has a quite a lot of bugs and limitations.

Today I had a trouble with a function based index first, generating ORA-942 table does not exist on import. I also had an error with AQ.

I have a few invalid objects too :

before exp, on source system (tru64/9.2.0.4)
SQL> select count(*) from dba_objects where status='INVALID';

COUNT(*)
----------
54


after imp, on target system (rh4/10.2.0.2)
SQL> select count(*) from dba_objects where status='INVALID';

COUNT(*)
----------
142240


let's recompile
SQL> @?/rdbms/admin/utlrp

SQL> select count(*) from dba_objects where status='INVALID';

COUNT(*)
----------
2699


... better, but still too much !

I probably did hit bug 3169196 too. The workaround is delicious :
manually clean the data dictionary


Well, I am going to drop the destination database and try again...

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I also like the status:
Severity Severe Loss of Service Status Not a Bug. To Filer

1/6/06 16:36  
Blogger Alex Gorbachev said...

If I recall correctly we had a problem with AQs - you can't import an AQ twice in the same database or in the same database as source but in different schema because there is some specific ID that is unique instance-wide and you get ORA-00001 on import. This is relevant to 9iR2 - no idea about others.
In fact, I hate AQ's but this is another story... :)

8/6/06 02:43  

Post a Comment

<< Home